Isabelle Joshua

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Review: The Offering by Jessika Fleck

This book was written by a friend of mine, Jessika Fleck. She has it on Swoon Reads, and if she gets enough hearts (rating system), then it will be reviewed for publishing.

I read it in the last two days and wanted to share it with all of you.  Please check it out for free and rate it:  The Offering

My Review:

Love the characters. The inner conflict about her love for Nico and the struggle with her place in their society and the forbidden nature of the friendship. Then the introduction of Dorian and The Night. The Offering and depiction of the brutality and merciless nature of the society were thrilling and heartwrenching. I can't wait to read book two. I loved it, and I want to know what happens next. I didn't want it to end!!!

For readers that love Fantasy, this is a great YA Fantasy book, for those that aren't big fantasy fans (like me) it is such a great story and gripped me from the beginning. Similar Stories: It isn't exactly like Shatter Me series, but it definitely had moments when it reminded me of it. Exceptional!

The description from Swoon Reads:
In Veda's world, they worship the Sun and kill the weak. Her life is a daily struggle of survival, but the one saving grace is her forbidden friendship with Nico. The laws are clear: Nico's blood is gold, hers is mud. The two don't mix.
But when Nico enlists in the crusade against her kind, his betrayal forces her to act. She joins a group determined to fight the unjust persecution of her people, and Veda soon learns, in a place where blood is dirty or clean, her blood is neither: a detail that changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment