Isabelle Joshua

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Review: Before I Fall

Before I Fall SO I am revamping this review because I found it was a book I'd read over the summer and rated it but failed to write an actual review of it. So I put something down real quick the other day from my memory.  THEN, I read that the book was turned into a movie which comes out in March 2017.  I watched the trailer and you can too below. And all the feels and emotions came back.  And the new cover is awesome!!

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This story is like a mix between the great movie Groundhog's Day and some good teenage flick that I've never seen (Mean Girls, maybe??).  Anyway, the interactions with her friends are so genuine and authentic for the age.  The choices she makes, the time she takes to change herself, her situation and best of all figure out why the hell she's reliving the same day over and over again.  It is brilliantly crafted, and the storyline unfolds leaving you with wanting more and more. The ending is stellar and sad, but you've known that from the beginning or did you...

I don't want to spoil it for you if you end up reading it or just watching the movie.  I know I will.

Very good story, engaging and a very compelling story. But so sad as well.

Lauren Oliver really writes books that make you think about your relationships. Great story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment