Isabelle Joshua

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Review: A Family of Her Own

A Family of Her Own A Family of Her Own by Brenda Novak
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've read other Brenda Novak novels and I really like them. But this series has disappointed me. The dialog and characters seem stiff and lifeless. I didn't connect with the characters or the story. I finished it, and it was good enough, so that I did, in fact, finish it, but it was very forgettable, even now, I struggle to remember the plot and I just finished it yesterday. I don't recommend this book, but I loved Brenda Novak's Whiskey Creek Series. I guess the Dundee Series isn't for me. This is the second book in the series I've read and I don't care to read anymore.

Oh and on a side note, Katie's parents were despicable. I kept thinking to myself that I will never treat my children like this and wanted to rush out to talk to my husband about how they treated their children. Christianity is shown in a bad light, which I'm not totally against, but these religious idiots were the worse offenders of small-town gossip.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment