Isabelle Joshua

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: The White Princess

The White Princess The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*Little Spoiler*
The intrigue and the plotting of the court were ever present. Elizabeth of York was either plotting but only in her heart and never acted against her husband the king except to not be completely truthful with him. It was hard to witness the love that Henry had for her and the love that she didn't reciprocate for a long time and then it was dashed because of all the distrust. It was very good, but I was always hoping for Elizabeth to act differently. Obviously, Henry could have acted differently, but she was much better than him in every respect and could have been a help to her husband more. But that is really just the romantic in me because I always want romance to win out. This was a compelling book, and I finished within 18 hours with almost no sleep.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment