Isabelle Joshua

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Review: Stuck-Up Suit

Stuck-Up Suit Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I did like the start of the book a lot and how their interactions were sarcastic and fun. But I felt like it was trying to hard and although I like 50 Shades of Grey, it isn't the best-written book, but I thought Stuck-Up Suit was trying for that a little. While this book is written better, it felt like it was trying to summons the essence of Fifty Shades. And I felt the deep fall for Graham was inauthentic, yeah it was lust but for someone to be such an ass and then so sweet just with her, is improbable. And yeah the ex with the daughter coming into it was a little too much and forced. I wanted to love Graham and Soraya but I didn't. I liked them a lot and s*** if the guy on the cover was actually Graham and I was seeing him, yeah, I would fall in love immediately. I didn't get upset with the characters, I didn't get emotional, I just read it and enjoyed the few hours but it was a forgettable book. And that she's in love with the daughter after a short period, I'm a stepmom myself and I do love them as my own but I wouldn't have ever said that after only a few weeks or months. I thought it was too tidy and not deep enough for me. The sex while good didn't even made me hot. The raunchiness was also not hot. A book that is less sexually explicit but starts with a similar premise is "I got your number" by Sophia Kinsella. It's chic lit but I loved the characters and laughed out loud and wished for the explicit sex but was satisfied without it. Don't get me wrong, I like sex and reading about it but this didn't do it probably because the connection to the characters wasn't there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment