Isabelle Joshua

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review: The Man in the High Castle

The Man in the High Castle The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If you want a book that goes in and out of people's thoughts with very little movement or forward progression, then read this and be content. Otherwise, if you want intrigue, suspense, mind-bending plot lines, then go and watch the Amazon Prime TV show The Man in High Castle. I read this after watching the series and was very unimpressed. The show takes the characters that Phillip Dick named and toyed with and made them real and complex. The Japanese style of thought and speech is throughout the book and makes it confusing and erratic. I do not recommend this book at all. Even though it is short novel it took me longer to read because of the writing style. I do highly recommend watching the TV show on Amazon Prime, it is awesome!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment