Isabelle Joshua

Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: Sunrise Kisses

Sunrise Kisses Sunrise Kisses by Krista Lakes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I bought "Yours Completely" when it was free, and after reading it and liking it (3 stars), I kept reading for Sunset Kisses.

First off, the prologue was confusing, and I don't believe added to the story at all. I think it was the blurb from the Amazon page stuck in front of the first chapter, so it was very confusing.

Once I started reading it, I was interested to read more. I read it quickly, and there were parts that I liked and the premise was good, but if Ava mentioned that he was a billionaire one more time I think I'll vomit. Seriously, get over it. Stop obsessing. It didn't add to the characters insecurities. Ava whole I'm not good enough for him was sickening. I understand that she was just cheated on, but Ava had some serious flaws. She was so insipid with no friends, no life, and no self-esteem. It was all wrapped up in the ex-boyfriend. The whole "you're a billionaire" was used as a teasing element in the book for her, but it was awful, and I didn't like her much. I cannot relate to someone that thinks they are pond-scum because they don't have a billion dollar net worth. It's one thing to feel awkward in fancy or formal settings; I completely get that. I live in yoga pants. But she needed counseling more than a new boyfriend. But instead like so many other typical romance novels, she has a small conversation with her dad and miraculously he knows everything just by the look on her face and that she's depressed that she was in love with Bastian (which is a hilarious name, because I kept wanted to say "bastard" in my head). This book could have been so much better. And the whole darkness and not going into his study was not really addresses except for possibly her seeing his body. So ridiculous. Anyway, I get tired of the same old plot line of romance novels and wish for something more. There are plenty of authors that do it well, and I will read them instead. Even though I did like Your Truly, I didn't love it, and I can't forsee me reading anything else of hers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment