Isabelle Joshua

Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So I have been hesitant about writing a review of this book. On many levels, I liked the book. The characters and storyline were interesting, and it was easy to continue because I listened to the audiobook version rather than read it.

My problems with the book were the Nick character waxing poetic about everything and being morose and sappy. The narrator for his part really amped up the whininess of his voice, but then there were times that he sounded normal and I liked the character.

The whole punk band scene was very different, and I couldn't relate to them. The teenagers out all night on this crazy experience together was so cliche, but it worked at times. I just thought the book was trying too hard to be cool and it's characters were too.

It had elements that I really liked, but on the whole, it was just okay. I wouldn't pick up another one of their books, and I definitely won't see the movie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment