Isabelle Joshua

Monday, February 27, 2017

Review: Carve the Mark

Carve the Mark Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The world Veronica Roth built in Carve the Mark is very different but she does a great job of explaining the world and letting us understand it easily. My real issue is with the character names, that I found it confusing at time and I would be lost in the action to have to relisten and catch the characters names and who they were. Possibly a complete character list would have been helpful because the names are so different and some sound very similar even though they are spelled differently. But this could have been because I listened to the audiobook and not read it. I will probably have to go back and reread it. Although I did love the voice of Austin Butler, so smooth and sexy for Akos.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment