Isabelle Joshua

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Review: Winter

Winter Winter by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There were times in this book that were sooo frustrating. In the middle of the action, unlike in other books, she would spend so much time on descriptions or explain the characters emotions. The scene with Winter and Scarlet going to get the wolf soldiers was infuriating, Winter's craziness was not enough of an excuse for her indecision. But Scarlet rocked! I really love Cress, but she was beyond frustrating as she was paralysed with fear and then when running into Ki the author spend a paragraph on the description of his clothes. I understand that it is a technique to slow down the scene but really it is an intense action scene doesn't need to be slowed down. The characters got even better and had more depth of character. And I didn't understand why Cinder didn't use her glamour which looks like Channery to convince them all that she is Princess Selene. Over and over it says how furious and angry she is, but yet it comes to nothing. It was so nervewracking, and I was on the edge of my seat, but then I would get so frustrated because of the delay in action. But I did really like this book, and the conclusion was satisfying. I don't have the same issues that other reviewers have about Cinder's choice about Lunar. It was a really good finale to the series, and I enjoyed it tremendously.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment