Isabelle Joshua

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: Panic

Panic Panic by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Interesting premise and while many think it is unbelievable, they must not be around a lot of teenagers because they are dumb and engage in risky behavior for much less than this book proposes. Also, the setting of the town and the idea of escape and that these teens will do anything to escape is a very strong compelling force. What I disliked most about this book was Heather's best friend, I've forgotten her name, but she was a spoiled, whiny, manipulative bitch. God, she was getting hurt or complaining all the time. It kept my interest and although some of the storylines and conflicts were predictable and incongruent at times, I did like the story. The other thing that I didn't like was the ending, all wrapped up in a little bow. I don't know what the reason is to do that is; I want a satisfying ending, but it was sudden and too much. There was unresolved conflict that just went away, and everything was fine. I really liked Bishop's character the best.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment