Isabelle Joshua

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: Shatter Me

Shatter Me Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Her writing is like poetry! And it is beautiful and vast. I forget in YA that the characters are only 17 or so and the speech patterns and communication style is so different from what I prefer that I at first felt like the dialog was stiff and unnatural, but after reflection I realize it is true to the age group. I loved this book and I devoured it in a day and continued with the series. Beautiful cover and beautiful prose. I am not going to lie and say that there aren't plenty of "I'm dead and no one else knows it but me" because male characters touched her, kissed her or spoke to her in a beautiful manner, but it doesn't matter, it was still good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment