Isabelle Joshua

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: Shatter Me Series

I was caught by the beautiful designs on the book, which is not uncommon. I am definitely a judger of books by their cover. So I had this book on my list of to-read for quite a while and since I am taking a break from the enormous Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series and wanted a quick good read, I finally started Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and I was not disappointed.

For the last couple of months, besides re-reading some old favorite books and the Outlander series I have been unimpressed with the string of books I had been reading. Until Shatter Me.

I continue to be astounded with Mafi's ability to come up with so many metaphors.  It makes me feel like my writing is unimaginative, but I know it is a completely different genre. This is YA and mine is contemporary romance.

Only in YA you can get away from spending a whole chapter making out (kissing and groping) and the readers love it (including me).  I suggest you go out and read the whole 5 book series, like I did (maybe not in the span of 4 days, but that's what I like to do).

One of my favorite lines:  “I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.” 
― Tahereh MafiShatter Me

This ranks as one of my favorite YA dystopian series along with Divergent and The Selection.

And the covers are magnificient!

Goodreads - Shatter Me Series

No comments:

Post a Comment