Isabelle Joshua

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Review: Outlander

Outlander Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Could I love a book more? Maybe, it wasn't perfect, but it was so close. The dialog, the witty remarks, the hot and sexy Jamie Fraser. The book started out slow for me until she crossed over, but I can also see it as a good practical reason to believe that she wouldn't go back because she while she loved Frank, there was something missing and lacking in the relationship.

It kept me on my toes when she was in 1743 because I didn't really know anything about the book before reading it. I saw the cover with her wrapped in Jamie's flannel of his kilt, and I thought I want to read this. I did read a few reviews to give me an idea, and that's the only way I knew that she would time travel, but I kept waiting for the moment to arrive and wanted it to because as I said before that the beginning was slow for me. She also did a great job of hiding who the love interest would be because she kept referring to him as a young lad or something like that.

The dialog with the Scots was great, and I love how witty and sweet Jamie is. Clare's vehemence at times was a little dramatic, especially saying "Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ." But on the whole, I loved it and despite the slowness of the first 40-50 pages, the rest of the over 700-page book was fantastic!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment