Isabelle Joshua

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Book Review: The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This great novel steadily exposes the chilling nature of the characters and keeps you guessing.

I don't usually read psychological thrillers but I will watch them in movies and be scared to death. Listening to the narrators (which were awesome, I could listen to their British accents all day) made me feel like I was watching the movie.  All the suspense and edge of your seat anticipation was there, but with a little less dread. Anyways, listening to the book made it hard to keep all the dates straight and pay attention enough to figure out what was going on. So I just stopped trying to figure out the dates and just got swept up in the story. I feel as if I had read it rather than listened to it I could have figured it out quicker. I did eventually figure it out before the characters but it was so good. Chilling and great characters.  Rachel was by far my favorite character even with all her emotional flaws and addictions.  Great book, I can't wait for the movie!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment