Isabelle Joshua

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *No Spoilers*

If you are unfamiliar, you might want to stop reading.  Because you must not exist. Or as Marshall explains to Ted:



So for the rest of us that didn't live the Star Wars, but have watched all of the Star Wars movies, I wanted to talk about Rogue One. I watched it tonight. And as I'm writing this, I am listening to the Imperial March to stay in the mood.

When I first saw the teaser trailer for Rogue One, I flipped out and loved it.  Had chills and everything.  Jyn Erso!!! A rebel I can get behind. I loved the line "This is a rebellion, isn't it?  I rebel."

For those that don't know yet, Rogue One takes place between Episode 3 "Revenge of the Sith"(or Movie #3 from 2005) and Episode 4 "A New Hope."  Now if I have to explain that the Return of the Jedi is not #3 even though it was the 3rd movie from the 1980s then, again, you probably are lost and have to go watch all of the movies because I don't know how you manage life without seeing these movies. I'm kidding, well a little. 

Now, I won't give away any spoilers, but I highly suggest watching Episode 4 before watching Rogue One, yes I know that is backward, but there are little things and characters that you will recognize easily if you've recently watched A New Hope.  But if you are like me, I didn't watch Episode 4 and had to rely on my unreliable memory.  I did catch a lot because I've seen A New Hope about a gazillion times, but I want to watch A New Hope and go back and watch Rogue One. So that is why I'm suggesting it for you.

I have some friends say that Rogue One was better than The Force Awakens.  I don't agree. The Force Awakens was unbelievable in its awesomeness.  Rogue One was very good, and I think what was cool is seeing all the stuff that ties into A New Hope.

Now, my children are all out of school as of today, so that means that one our family traditions will begin soon, which is to watch all of the Star Wars movies in order.  My youngest at age 4 was telling an older little girl in line at Walmart about Star Wars today, who has never seen it, I wondered if she really existed.

So as crazy as it sounds, we spend Christmas break entertained by the Alliance and Imperial forces battling it out. So maybe next year, we'll have all 8 movies to watch.  My husband said they have Star Wars Episode 8 and 9 planned as well as two more Star Wars Stories like Rogue One. It's looks like our Star Wars library will continue to grow.

I've always loved Star Wars, but I am so glad to have more female characters that aren't the traditional princess (Leia and Padme), who my daughters can grow up to love for their untraditional role and strength. Don't get me wrong, Princess Leia and Padme kicked ass when they wanted to and were very strong women, but I like to show my daughters there are female characters that don't always look so put together and beautiful but are equally as awesome.

Anyways, it's a great movie and there are definitely some favorite scenes, which would be spoilers so I will only say:

I love it when Darth ***** came in and used the ***** and kicked some ***.

May the Force Be With You!

No comments:

Post a Comment